I am working on a retained search for a large, multi-national plastic packaging company for a high level Process Engineer with injection molding experience. My client is one of the world’s leaders in their space! Attached are the details on the position. Candidates at all levels are being considered for this role and the salary will be commensurate with experience. A bonus, competitive medical benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401k and an excellent relocation package is being offered. The position is located in CT, about 2 hours from Boston.
Below are the details:
- Participate in product and mold design reviews
- Establish production routings and bills of materials for new products, maintain and audit current products
- Document mold process sheets and maintain accuracy as needed for production in a timely manner
- Assist molding in troubleshooting production problems with injection mold machines, auxiliary equipment andmolds
- Provide all the necessary technical training for the molding technicians on new, current equipment andprocedures
- Evaluate and qualify new materials from inception to completion
- Utilize scientific molding techniques for process and machine optimization
- Provide technical support and leadership for Lean enterprise functions (SMED, 5S, 6 Sigma, CIP)
- Work with outside suppliers and vendors to help make corrections to molds and machinery
- Work with all internal departments related to the injection molding operation
- Work with QA to establish consistent part quality and systems through SPC and DOE studies
- Provide the technical support to QA and production for CAR projects
Guarantee new mold qualification and process optimization from inception to completion.
Guarantee all project peripheral equipment has on injection and assembly processes is running efficiently.
Guarantee the procurement of new equipment for increased molding capacities, in addition to optimizing existingequipment through engineering studies for his assigned projects.
Guarantee source of improvement in existing equipment is identified and focused on cost efficiency.
Guarantee standards are set in tool and gage design that promotes production flexibility while reducing changeover times for assigned projects.
Focusing Customer Value –Striving to flexibly create customer value by continually learning about specific present and future needs, making compelling offerings and building loyal customer relationships
Focusing on Results-Taking action readily with a pragmatic focus on finishing tasks, quickly making decisions and following through untilresults are achieved
Identifying and Solving Problems-Discovering and defining relevant problems, analyzing underlying causes and options to arrive at the best actionablesolutions, as well as effectively implementing them
Meeting Commitments-Delivering consistently on commitments by reliable execution, following rules, keeping promises and meeting deadlinesand schedules
Specializing In-depth-Specializing within a specific area of expertise and deepening detailed understanding in order to contribute criticalknowledge to the organization
- Degree in Plastics Engineering or related field, Mechanical Engineering Technology, BSPE, BSME.
- Minimum 4 – 8 years of injection molding experience, preferably with high volume precision molded components, including hands on processing experience.
- Competent in the use Microsoft office applications, databases and statistical analysis software, Moldflow.
- Cad Experience is a Plus.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading, product design layouts, product dimensional and tolerance studies.
- Knowledge of materials and properties.
- Knowledge and ability to use QA gauges and equipment to qualify new molds, troubleshoot molds or for process optimization.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment with proven results.
Plastics Recruiter, Plastics Headhunter
AJ Augur Group, LLC
Plastics Search & Recruitment Experts