My Client, is a successful and well-established injection molder of rigid plastic packaging. They have retained me to help them fill a General Manager’s position for this location.
This position requires someone with at least 10 years of injection molding General/Plant Management experience. Relocation to this area is a must. Because this location is rural, my client is flexible on having someone stay for a couple years or so to get things in order, train his or her replacement and then go back to the US or other locations of Canada for a similar role.
Being offered is a lucrative salary plus bonus, full medical benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, RRSP and a relocation package are being offered. This is a full-time, permanent position. The position pays up to $150,000 CA per year plus bonus.
A bachelors degree is preferred but not a must.
Guide, manage and lead the overall provision of functions, services, policies, and programs for the IPL Edmundston Facility, a key facility in the division. The General Manager will also be responsible for coordinating with the divisional team (Quality, Customer Care, Planning & LS Plant Director) to collaborate and implement best practices. The General Manager is responsible for all activities in the plant including financial and operational performance, with a direct line of reporting to the original management team. The major areas of focus are:
- Align site level safety programs with corporate initiatives
- Drive safety culture based on data, driven by KPI’s with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Plan, organize, direct the overall quality program to be aligned with corporate philosophies and customer expectations
- Identify and support continuous improvement to deliver expected quality results using current and future KPI’s
- Provide customer support for performance and/or quality issues * Productivity
- Optimize production, assess capacity and flexibility while minimizing costs
- Ultimately responsible for production output and on-time shipments
- Prioritize and allocate resources for maximum value
- Determine resource shortfalls and demonstrate needs with a business case
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to deliver profitability expectations
- Implement communication to establish a clear direction and focus on priorities
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions, where necessary
- Define areas for improvement, drive change and demonstrate results with data
- Recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Address employees’ issues and/or grievances, while maintaining a constructive relationship with the union
- Develop systems and processes to ensure site level procurement activities are at or better than standard cost
- Define/Support strategic warehousing/logistics initiative to lower cost
- Support the monthly S&OP wheel for the consumer packaging division
- Participate on divisional capital expenditure management and leadership teams
- Create a blameless culture of employee empowerment and teamwork
Coordinate the implementation of services, policies, and programs through plant staff. Reports to the VP of Operations and serves on the Divisional Leadership team.
For more information contact Dan Regovich at AJ Augur Group LLC, 440-357-7600 or dregovich at ajaugur.com. AJ Augur Group LLC – Plastics Search & Recruitment Experts