Regional Sales Manager – Texas
I have been retained by a very successful and well-established client of mine that is manufacturer of plastic packaging. They continue to be an innovator and leader in technology within their niche.
We are in search of a Sales person in Texas, preferably in the Dallas or Houston areas, who will work out of his or her home. The qualified candidate could have experience in plastic rigid packaging (blow molding, injection molding) or in flexible packaging, labels, ink or distribution experience. The qualified candidate must have experience selling some type of packaging into the food or industrials markets.
There is overnight travel but it is not extensive since this role is regional.
Being offered is a competitive base salary, bonus, car allowance, full medical benefits, and a 401k match.
If you think you might be a fit, send your resume to Dan Regovich at email@example.com or call 440-357-7600
AJ Augur Group, LLC – Plastics Search & Recruitment Experts, is owned and operated by Dan Regovich, a veteran of the industry since 1997.
Manager Product and Process Improvement – Plastic Film/Flexible Packaging
My client is a very profitable flexible packaging company that dominates its’ niche globally. They have retained me to help them find a Manager of Product and Process Improvement to join their team. We are looking for someone that has experience in plastic film and ideally the lamination of plastic film, paper and foil. Experience in printing would be a plus.
This person will report to the Director of Technology and work with all the areas of the company in helping develop new products, redesign existing products and cost reduction initiatives.
My client is located about 1 ½ hours South of Chicago. Being offered is a lucrative salary, bonus, excellent benefits and a relocation package.
Job Description: The Manager of Product and Process Improvement is responsible for the identification and implementation of cost reduction and new product initiatives as outline within corporate strategic goals through the use of Lean Six Sigma methodologies, materials research, process and product design techniques to drive continual improvements in Safety, Quality, Process Productivity, and new and existing Product Design.
Organizational Structure: The Manager of Product and Process Improvement reports to the Vice President of Technology.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Partner and work closely with departments and functional leaders to understand and identify needs and opportunities to increase sales, reduce internal and material cost and understand customer and market/industry needs.
- Provide leadership and direction in the planning, development and execution of key programs and/or projects that will result in meeting established focused goals as identified and approved through the FAT process.
- Partner corporate wide to assist sister divisions with cost and/or product initiatives as a worldwide resource to develop effective cost reduction and efficiency plans.
Product and Materials Research:
- Stay current on new and existing technologies and materials that will contribute in meeting cost reduction and design goals.
- Attend industry conferences and educational seminars along with staying current through industry periodicals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Test and evaluate new materials and processes for functional utilization.
Product and Process Design:
- Research and evaluate potential materials that can meet design and/or cost savings goals as identified by customer, market and industry needs.
- Communicate findings, cost, benefits and negatives through analytical use of process models and cost justification.
- Justify capital needs to support design and process concepts.
- Implement material and design concepts once approved.
- Collaborate with third party resources to incorporate technologies and expertise.
- Lead cross functional teams to implement new design and process concepts.
- Develop training programs that based on new process or material procedures.
- Train departments in new design and/or process procedures and methodologies.
- Attend industry conferences.
- Participate in continual educational programs.
- Identify, justify and implement cost saving initiatives through Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Lead cross functional teams to implement new processes.
- Develop appropriate work and process instructions to meet changing requirements within the process.
- Train operations staff as part of process implementation.
- Develop cost and ROI models to communicate and justify capital investment and return on investment.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in science, technology or engineering discipline. Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies is a plus.
Prior leadership position in product or process design with expertise in the converting industry. Cost justification and ROI experience needed. Operational and sales experience is a plus. Ability to identify and troubleshoot actual and potential problems is a must. Ability to communicate and present ideas is also a must both internally and in front of customers. Ability to lead cross functional teams.